Monday, December 22, 2008

Mr. Adams

So last Friday, at our Christmas party, I noticed my 5th grade teacher was there. His son had been in the American Fork High School Marching Band and Mr. Adams had become a band dad. He hauled and set up the percussion for the band at their events. His son has been out of school for 19 years but he still does it. Does this tell you anything about this man. Anyway, I have always wanted to talk to him if I ever saw him and this was my chance. And why I wanted to talk to him, I have not a clue. I just had to! So I went into the hall where he was and called him by name, he turned to see who was calling his name. I told him that he had been my 5th grade teacher. He asked me at what school. Lehi Elementary. Oh my, that was a long time ago. He asked my name, just being polite, like he'd remember. It had been 41 years for heck's sake! We talked for a bit and then he told me that he has many students come to him and say that he was their teacher and he still couldn't place them. But as we talked he could remember that 10 year old girl that was in his class. That made me feel special. Now I'm sure you are all thinking that I must have had a school girl crush on this man. Maybe I did. But I think not. I always thought that he and my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Bowcutt, would make the neatest couple. So anyway, I thought I would share my experience with you. I don't know why, but I seem to seek out people that have been a part of my life. And then I talk their leg off....=). Thanks for listening. Love you ladies!

1 comment:

Cocotele said...

He probably DID remember you, ya never know. That's amazing that you saw him and remembered him after all these years!